Enlistment of Volunteers to serve as Resident Tutors for Morningside College 2022-23
Morningside College is to enlist volunteers from University full-time postgraduate students and staff to serve as Resident Tutor for the academic year of 2022/23.
Applicants should be energetic, mature and responsible, and have fluent English and Chinese (Putonghua and/or Cantonese), preferably with some experience with University student hostels. It would be a distinct advantage if applicants have knowledge and/or experience in peer or even professional counseling, and in study/career guidance skills. First-aid knowledge will be advantageous. Final-year undergraduate students who are admitted to full-time research postgraduate studies in the University commencing in the academic year of 2022/23 may also apply.
The Resident Tutors will assist the College and/or the Warden to discharge the following duties:
- Facilitating communication and cooperation among students from different cultural backgrounds;
- Providing guidance and support in organizing student activities to enhance College community life;
- Providing counseling and guidance to students;
- Providing assistance for residents at times of emergencies;
- Providing strong support for the College Office/Warden in handling resident disciplinary cases;
- Performing administrative duties in hostel and dining management;
- Monitoring residents’ usage of hostel facilities and recommending improvement measures based on user feedback.
Resident Tutors are expected to participate in College Communal Dinners (which students will be required to attend) to interact with students on a regular basis and help build up a Morningside communal learning culture. Meal costs for communal dinners will be subsidized for Resident Tutors. Volunteers are nominated as Resident Tutors. This is not an employment (full-time or part-time) and is not regarded as concurrent employment with the University. They will not have any allowance/remuneration or enjoy any employee benefits for provision of this volunteer service.
Resident Tutors will be provided with accommodation (en-suite single room) at the College hostel. Resident Tutors are required to provide volunteer service on weekdays as well as Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays on a rotational basis.
The nomination will last for one year and will start on 1 August 2022 (Mon), subject to mutual agreement.
Interested parties: please complete and submit the online application form [HERE] by 12:00noon, 29 April 2022 (Fri). Late or incomplete submissions may not be considered. Shortlisted candidates shall be invited to attend a selection interview by late May 2022.
For enquiries, please write to the College Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Morningside College, CUHK